What to Wear to a Winter Wedding - 2017 edition.

A couple of months ago, 6 of us got together for a Fall Wedding Collaboration. It was a fun post like all the Wedding Collaboration posts are. ROXANNE from Glass of Glam couldn't join us this time because she was ill, but the rest of us are back for a Winter Wedding Collaboration. And it has been one brutal Winter, let me tell you. Below there are 5 ways, 5 interpretations of how 5 bloggers from different areas of the world (one Canada, two European, one from Mid West US and one from the East Coast US) are styling a Wedding Outfit for Winter. Read on below too, to see what everyone had to say about their outfits.

Nina from Spain, blogs at A World of Dresses.
Ada from Michigan USA, blogs at Elegance and Mommyhood.
Linda from Ontario Canada, blogs at A Labour of Life.
Kristin from Germany, blogs at Countdown to Friday.
Shelbee from New York USA, blogs at Shelbee on the Edge.

"Winter weddings in the north call for multi layers and for me I wanted a funky look. I found this tulle skirt at Shein a few years ago and I adore it. I thought I would pair it with a warm fuzzy sweater in a baby blue to soften the look, and threw my moto over top. I found the fur jacket at Target and it's perfect for occasions like this."

"When I think winter wedding, I think of something I can stay warm in first and foremost! I also am a fan of all things green."

"I think fur, sparkle and a strong pop of color can work together beautifully for a Winter Wedding Outfit, as my look today proves. Add a smoky eye, a bright pink lip and some fierce black pumps and you are set."

"Just because it's winter doesn't mean you can't wear floral. I'm loving the print, bell sleeves, and low price of this fun dress!"

"My winter wedding look features a black floral printed tulle midi skirt with a burgundy cardigan and burgundy strappy heels.  To finish off the look, I tied a black velvet scarf around the waistband to create a cummerbund style belt.  I added a short black jacket with black jeweled details at the neckline and a gold bag for some extra sass."



I actually have to attend a wedding next Sunday. It is fairly small and not too fancy so today's outfit or a similar one would be perfect for it. The dress is mostly white but it is textured with silver metallic thread and has a small sort of watercolor pattern in blush and burgundy. I paired this new dress which I got for a steal (about 70% off the regular price) from White House Black Market and paired it with a Winter White Fur Shawl and also a Faux Fur Blush Clutch with a Matching Pom Charm (both new, too). The Bright Pink Tights and Black Leather Pumps I have had for a few years. I figured this outfit needed a color pop so I went for those Bold Tights. The Crystal Statement Necklace which matched those Crystal Sunburst Studs perfectly were from my last set or Rocksbox - love them! They are perfect to dress up a look for a wedding. So, how did I do?! How would you dress for a Winter Wedding?!

Kristin and I showed you that you can still wear Pattern and Bright Colors for a Winter Wedding. Both Shelbee and Linda stuck to Black mostly. Linda brought out her Black Moto Leather Jacket like for the Fall Wedding and Shelbee once again wore some Burgundy/Maroon like for the Fall Wedding and Nina stuck to her favorite color - Green - just like she did during our Fall Wedding Collab; love her Retro Red Sunnies.

It was extremely foggy and it had been raining (still drizzling when I took these photos) so not the best photos. Our entire week last week was rainy and foggy around here. =(

White Metallic Split-Sleeve Dress in a Blush+Burgundy Pattern: White House Black Market (New) (similar, on Huge Sale, my Favorite), (similar in baby blue+white, on Sale, love this), (similar midi style, Small Splurge).
Silver + Baby Blue "Camellia" Crystal Statement Necklace: Perry Street via Rocksbox (New) (similar, on Sale, love this), (bold chandelier style, on Sale, my Favorite), (similar, Great Deal).
Sunburst Silver "Aster" Crystal Statement Studs: Perry Street via Rocksbox (New) (similar, Huge Steal, love these), (similar, Steal), (similar, love these), (similar, Splurge, my Favorite).
[Lips] - Neon Pink/Bright Pink Lipstick: "Yummy Pink" by Cover Girl (New) (identical, Steal & I love it!), (similar, Great Deal, my Favorite), (similar, Splurge).
(topped with) Coral Pink Lipgloss Stain: "Princess" by Ulta (New) (similar, Steal), (similar, Great Deal, my Favorite), (similar, Small Splurge, love this).
Hot Pink/Neon Pink, Semi Opaque Tights: The Limited (similar, on Sale, love these), (similar in magenta, Steal).




Comments

  1. What a beautiful dress and I love the faux fur accessories you added!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ada, you totally nailed this dress. The watercolor details are perfect. I love the white fluffy shawl and the pom clutch, too!

    I'm so sad that I wasn't able to join in on this collaboration, but you ladies all look absolutely gorgeous. I am really excited for the spring edition!

    --Roxanne
    Glass of Glam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you added the fun colored tights to this dress. Have a great weekend.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your bright pink tights! Such a fun little pop of color! Thanks for inviting me to join in for the collab again! It was so much fun to put together!

    Nina
    aworldofdresses.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely look and i adore that purse. Thanks for another fun collab and sorry I was so tardy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the dress. It would be so great with ankle boots for spring. Thanks for linking up for The Weekly Style Edit. xo ~ Megan The Fashionista Momma

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have so many great pieces, Ada! What a fab dress. And I am rally loving all the furry little touches you added! But those shoes are to die for! And a pop of bright color is always welcome on a dreary winter day, for sure. You look great! Thanks again for putting this collaboration together! It is always so much fun to join up with other amazing women such as yourself in collaboration! I am looking forward to the spring collaboration! I guess I need to change it up from my black and burgundy! Ha! I have some ideas already.

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this fun, flirty dress Ada! You look amazing, and the bright pop of pink is perfect!

    xx, Elise
    www.sparkleandslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this pretty dress! And I love how you added some color!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm such a sucker for watercolor prints, so this dress has me head over heels! The metallic stripes make it extra fun for a fancy night like a wedding, too. As always, your jewelry is on point! Love the starburst earrings and statement necklace. I hope you have fun at the wedding!
    -Kristin
    countdowntofridayblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely dress! I adore the pale hue and print and that clutch is so fun with it!

    http://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty dress and certainly a bold statement with the pink tights - go you. x Hate our weather now it's so very cold and miserable. Keep thinking of warm summer days, I can't wait. x Jacqui
    www.mummabstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving the pops of pink Ada! Beautiful dress, the split sleeves are a very pretty detail.

    Emma xxx
    www.style-splash.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts